- Katie Baughman - vocalist / violinist of rare subtlety and skill.
- Brian Bondari - comrade at arms from the VSU days, friend and an exceptional composer to boot.
- William Andrew Burnson - fine composer, pianist, software developer, and fellow EMSer.
- Yi-Wen Chen - friend and monster clarinetist.
- Caleb Herron - ardent performer of new and experimental works, good friend, and frequent collaborator.
- Experimental Music Studios - historic facility, creative environment, and where I once spent a fair number of hours every week.
- Jason Mitchell - friend, a fine composer and fellow Experimental Music Studios user during our UIUC days.
- Adam Scott Neal - comrade at arms from the GSU adventures, good friend and a man who understands the importance of “keeping music evil.”
- Robert Scott Thompson - composition Professor du jour, “Musical Alchemist”, and pioneer of electroacoustic, contemporary instrumental, pop and the avant-garde.
- BMI - “… an American performing rights organization that represents more than 300,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers in all genres of music.” -BMI
- College Music Society - "promotes music teaching and learning, musical creativity and expression, reasearch and dialogue, and diversity and interdisciplinary interaction..." -CMS
- SEAMUS - “The Society for Electro-Acoustic Music in the United States (SEAMUS) is a non-profit national organization of composers, performers, and teachers of electro-acoustic music representing every part of the country and virtually every musical style.” -SEAMUS
- Society of Composers, Inc. - “. . . dedicated to the promotion of composition, performance, understanding and dissemination of new and contemporary music. . .” -SCI
- Software, Tools, and Toys
- Acousmographe - software for audio file visualization, analysis, and annotation.
- Brick - "an arbitrary-quality audio resampler, pitch-shifter, and format converter written and maintainedby William Andrew Burnson." - Quality => Awesomeness!
- Common Music/Grace - “(CM) is a music composition environment that produces sound by transforming a high-level representation of musical structure into a variety of control protocols for sound synthesis and display… Grace (Graphical Realtime Algorithmic Composition Environment) is a cross-platform GUI app for algorithmic music composition with CM3.” - CM/Grace Website. - A MUST!
- Csound - a sound design, music synthesis, and signal processing system, providing facilities for composition and performance over a wide range of platforms.
- EAnalysis - for "experimenting [with] new types of graphic representations and new analytical methods with an intuitive interface and adapted tools for analysis purposes."
- Grani+ - "an extension to Grani (granular synthesis by prof. Fernando Lopez-Lezcano)..." - Very Cool!
- MIRToolbox - Matlab library of functions for musical feature extraction.
- Nodal - "generative software for composing music, interactive real-time improvisation, and a musical tool for experimentation and fun."
- Other Coolness
- Art of the States - “Since 1993, Art of the States has been expanding audiences for United States-based composers and performers through its international radio music distribution service. … Launched in fall 2002, the Art of the States website offers this service to web listeners in both the United States and abroad.” -AotS
- The OREMA Project - "The Online Repository for Electroacoustic Music Analysis (OREMA) project is a community-based forum where analysts of electroacoustic music can post their analyses..." -tOREMAp
- UbuWeb - “… is a completely independent resource dedicated to all strains of the avant-garde, ethnopoetics, and outsider arts. ” -UbuWeb